No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning
1. Eligibility: The #twotopILX Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age who have a Twitter account. Employees, independent contractors, interns, officers, directors, and agents of Sponsor, other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children, and their respective spouses) and household members of any of the foregoing are not eligible to enter. VOID IN ANY LOCATION WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Vox Media, Inc., 1201 Connecticut Avenue, 11th Floor, NW, Washington, DC 20036 ("Sponsor").
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes has multiple Entry Periods whereby different prizes can be won during each separate Entry Period in separate Sponsor markets. For this Sweepstakes there will be (5) Entry Periods and the start and end dates for each Entry Period as follows:
PRIZE PERIOD 1: EATER LA: MARCH 10, 2015 12:00:00PM EST EST - MARCH 11, 2015 11:59:59AM EST
PRIZE PERIOD 2: EATER SF: MARCH 17, 2015 12:00:00PM EST EST - MARCH 18, 2015 11:59:59AM EST
PRIZE PERIOD 3 : EATER NYC: MARCH 19, 2015 12:00:00PM EST-MARCH 20, 2015 11:59:59AM EST
PRIZE PERIOD 4: EATER BOS: MARCH 24, 2015 12:00:00PM EST - MARCH 25, 2015 11:59:59AM EST PRIZE PERIOD 5: EATER CHI :MARCH 26, 2015 12:00:00PM EST EST - MARCH 27, 2015 11:59:59AM EST
Entries submitted before or after the applicable Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: During the applicable Entry Period, Twitter users can follow the directions provided by a specified Sponsor tweet (from the applicable Sponsor Twitter Handle (e.g. @EaterNY, @EaterChi, @EaterLA, @EaterSF or @EaterBos)) and tweet @ the appropriate Sponsor Twitter handle (e.g. for NY, you must tweet @EaterNY, etc.) and @acura using the hashtag #twotopILX and #sweeps (collectively, "Entry") for your Entry to be considered. You must be a registered member of Twitter to participate. Registration is free. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/e-mail address per Entry Period. Additional Entries will not be acknowledged. The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Twitter.
If you access Twitter on your mobile device to participate in this Sweepstakes, your wireless service provider may charge you for applicable data charges. You should consult your wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans. Message and data rates may apply.
6. Drawing: After each Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner(s) in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners within two (2) business days of the drawing for each Entry Period by direct message on Twitter. If a potential winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours after the notice is sent, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners will be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
8. Prize(s) (5): There will be five (5) prizes for each Entry Period as follows:
• LA: Tasting Menu for two (2) at Maude, located at 212 South Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90212 including beverage pairing, tax, and a gratuity on March 13, 2015. ARV: $450.18.
• NYC: Tasting Menu for two (2) at Del Posto located at 85 10th Ave. New York, NY 10011, including beverage pairing, tax, and gratuity on March 22, 2015. ARV: $943.88.
• SF: Tasting Menu for two (2) at Quince, located at 470 Pacific Ave., San Francisco, CA 94133, including beverage pairing, tax, and gratuity on March 20, 2015 at 6:00 pm PST. ARV: $900.00.
• BOS: Tasting Menu for two (2) at Menton, located at 354 Congress St. Boston, MA 02210, including beverage pairing, tax, and a 20% gratuity on March 27, 2015. ARV: $762.00.
• CHI: Tasting Menu for two (2) at Tru located at 676 North Saint Clair St., Chicago, IL 60611 including beverage pairing, tax, and a 20% gratuity on April 3, 2015. ARV: $741.46.
A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Exact timing of reservations determined solely by Sponsor. Winner must be able to attend the reservation at the date and times determined by the Sponsor or may result in forfeiture of the prize. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize(s) at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Twitter, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., Starcom MediaVest Group, Inc. and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. MISCELLANEOUS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or garbled tweets and/or Entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing or posting of tweets and/or Entries, the announcement of the prize, the cancellation or postponement of the dinner, or in any Sweepstakes related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstake or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified, and all associated tweets and/or Entries will be void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, proper play or submission of tweets and/or Entries, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner from all eligible, non-suspect tweets and/or Entries received prior to action taken using the judging procedure outlined above. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Washington, DC. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Washington, DC, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Washington, DC or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Washington, DC.
14. Third Party Platforms: If this Sweepstakes is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation a social media platform (e.g. or Twitter) ("Third Party Platform"), then by participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants hereby release and agree to hold harmless such Third Party Platform from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prizes or participation in any prize-related activities. Unless otherwise stated to the contrary in these Official Rules, this Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform.
15. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Vox Media, Inc. c/o #twotopILX Sweepstakes, 1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW, 11th Floor, Washingotn, DC 20036. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of each Entry Period.