Yesterday evening, at Union Square Hospitality's new southern gem Porchlight—a bar with an actual porch inside—representatives of Eater joined friends and acquaintances from the restaurant and bar world to toast the launch of Eater Drinks. Accompanied by a light drizzle, Porchlight chef Jean-Paul Bourgeois served up beef jerky, shrimp on shrimp, and fried oysters—along with a slew of Nick Bennett's expert libations to a room packed with food and drink-obsessed revelers.
Big thanks to our sponsors: New York Distilling Company, Tito's Handmade Vodka, Louis Royer, George Dickel, Channing Daughters Wine, Selvarey Rum, Brooklyn Brewery, Stranahan's and Heaven Hill.
Party pictures above, hangover observations below.
- The Cannibal's Cory Lane is looking trim and ripped. Says that cycling is the reason why. Cory left the party a bit early to go film an episode of Munchies with Tien Ho.
- Dominique Ansel revealed that he learned signage was up for his new bakery after reading about it right here.
- Somehow a a heated poker game ensued in Porchlight's back room. Foodie Magician floated cards. And Porchlight coasters.
- Of note: Porchlight stocks vintage Playboys in the game room.
- The Huertas guys revealed that next month Sushi Dojo's David Bouhadana will "cook" for a night at their Spanish restaurant across the street.
- Biggest disappointment: Porchlight was sans blue drinks last night.
- Other notabes in attendance: Justin Warner of Do or Dine, Johnny Iuzzini, Zack Chodorow, Chris Jaeckle of All'Onda, JJ Johnson from The Cecil, Ed Schoenfeld, Michael Briones of Suzume, Joe Campanale from L'Artusi and Milk & Honey's Sasha Petraske.
- The after party consisted of grilled cheese, mozzarella sticks and beer at Tick Tock Diner, pasta at L'Apicio, and sushi from Dojo.
- At least 37 percent of the mini-flasks of punch were stolen from the party.