Even though Food Network star/genius entrepreneur Ina Garten released her newest cookbook in October 2016, Cooking for Jeffrey didn’t need the extra nine months of the year to win over Barefoot Contessa fans: the book topped the charts of bestselling cookbooks for 2016 with sales of 406,599 copies. As a point of comparison, Garten sold 428,105 copies her last book, Barefoot Contessa Foolproof, in 2012.
Early on, Garten’s cookbook outpaced sales of Anthony Bourdain’s Appetites, which was released on the same day and also made it onto the list of ten bestselling cookbooks for the year — but just barely. Bourdain’s book sold 122,699 copies, or 18,291 copies more than Inspiralized, number 10 on the list, a book about cooking with curly, shaved vegetables.
Also on the list for 2016 is a fourth book from Pioneer Woman/blogging mastermind Ree Drummond who sold 174,837 copies of The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime... Below, the top ten.
The Top Ten Best Selling Cookbooks of 2016
1. Cooking For Jeffrey by Ina Garten. Clarkson Potter. 406,599
2. Cravings by Chrissy Teigen. Clarkson Potter. 276,326
3. Thug Kitchen. Rodale. 197,108
4. The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime… by Ree Drummond. Morrow. 174,837
5. Air Fry Everything by Meredith Laurence. Walah! 156,495
6. The Food Lab by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, Norton. 150,930
7. Skinnytaste Fast And Slow by Gina Homolka. Clarkson Potter. 135,156
8. The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook by Laurel Randolph. Rockridge. 123,632
9. Appetites by Anthony Bourdain. Ecco. 122,699
10. Inspiralized by Ali Maffucci. Clarkson Potter. 104,408