Topped with an apple cinnamon dalgona whip and served with a fully-loaded slice of challah french toast, this is not your average morning coffee. Say hello to apple, spice, and everything nice (a.k.a. cold brew). Jeremy Jacobowitz of @brunchboys grew up celebrating the amazing colors and flavors of fall in the Northeast, a region known for its spectacular fall foliage. In this recipe, Jeremy uses Starbucks® Fall Blend coffee to create a one-of-a-kind cold brew. Try it for yourself, below.
Fall Blend Whipped Cold Brew
Makes 1 cup
- 2 cups water
- 82 grams (about 1 cup or 8 coffee scoops) Starbucks® Fall Blend coffee grounds
- Stir with a spoon or spatula to wet the coffee grounds.
- Chill in fridge overnight for 16-20 hours.
- In the morning, strain through cheesecloth to filter the grounds.
Cinnamon Apple Syrup
- 2 sliced apples
- ½ cup sugar, granulated
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a bowl, mix apples, sugar, cinnamon, and water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook down for about 10 mins or until it reaches your desired consistency.
Cinnamon Dalgona Whip
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a bowl, beat together heavy whipping cream, confectioners sugar, and cinnamon.
- In a tall glass, add ice halfway with cold brew concentrate and top with a few ounces of cold water.
- Add a dollop of your dalgona whip, and a drizzle of the apple cinnamon syrup.
- Serve with Challah French Toast, below.
Challah French Toast
- 1 loaf day-old Challah bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cut Challah bread into 1 inch pieces
- In a bowl, mix eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sea salt
- Soak bread in mixture
- Pan fry on a flat top until golden brown on both sides, and cooked through.
- To finish, top with the dalgona whip, cinnamon apple syrup, and a dusting of coffee grounds.