If you’re already firing up the grill to make a burger, grill up some veggies with it. The key to grilled eggplant and zucchini that’s flavorful is a punched-up marinade (and salt, as it’ll help keep them from turning soggy and absorbing too much oil). And of course, just about anything is better with burrata on top.
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
3–4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 small eggplant
2 medium zucchini
4 ciabatta rolls
½ pound burrata (or mozzarella)
¼ cup small basil leaves
Freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Remove the ends from the eggplant and zucchini and slice into ¼–½ inch slices. Sprinkle with salt and add to the marinade. Toss to coat. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours, turning vegetables occasionally to evenly coat in marinade.
- Heat your grill. Over medium-high heat, grill the vegetables until lightly charred, about 7 to 9 minutes on each side. Keep warm on a platter (or on the cooler part of the grill while you finish grilling the burgers).
- Grill the Lightlife Burgers according to package instructions.
- If desired, lightly toast ciabatta rolls on the grill.
- Place a burger patty on the bottom of a ciabatta roll. Put a slice of grilled eggplant and 1–2 slices of grilled zucchini on top. Top with a spoonful or slice of burrata, a few basil leaves, and some freshly cracked pepper, and place the other half of the roll on top. Repeat with the remaining 3 burgers.