America’s favorite cheese squiggles inspire new clothing line
Forever 21, the retailer that previously teamed up with Taco Bell for an array of Generation Z-baiting apparel, is now collaborating with Cheetos on a summer clothing line. Fans of the aggressively seasoned snack doodles can now head to Forever 21 stores to purchase a one-piece bathing suit, flip-flops, swim trunks, and two t-shirts emblazoned with Cheetos branding, including the grinning face of cool-dude jungle cat Chester Cheetah. “Cheetos is more than a snack brand; we’ve become a lifestyle brand among our fans,” Frito-Lay director of marketing Brandi Ray says in an announcement. “So what better way to embody that lifestyle than with a clothing line in partnership with Forever 21 – another brand with an incredibly passionate fan base similar to Cheetos.” The pieces in this snack-tastic collection are priced between $5 and $30.
While this is the first fashion collaboration between Cheetos and a major apparel company, the brand is no stranger to stunts aimed at the cool kids: Last fall, the chip manufacturer teamed up with LA superstar Roy Choi for a three-day Flamin’ Hot Cheetos pop-up in Hollywood. And now, fashionable junk food fanatics who clamored to buy the Colonel Sanders sweatshirts, Madewell Milk Bar shirts, and Uniqlo ramen tees can fill their wardrobes with a new type of Snackwave gear.
And in other news…
- Miley Cyrus blatantly ripped off a DC-based baker’s photo of a cake with the inscription “abortion is healthcare” on Instagram. “I was shocked,” baker Becca Rea-Holloway tells the Washingtonian. “You can tell it’s mine because it’s one of my early cakes — the ‘E’ kind of hangs off the side.” After people complained about the cake photo theft, Cyrus apologized to Rea-Holloway in the comments of her Instagram post, and gave her a photo credit along with a tag to her page. [Instagram; Washingtonian]
- A TikTok user has discovered an awful Starbucks “hack”: tricking employees into giving you a bigger-sized drink by lying about your order after it’s complete. The video explaining this trick has been viewed almost half a million times, but the people of Twitter are not pleased. [Twitter]
- Midwestern supermarket chain Jewel-Osco has stopped selling milk from boutique dairy company Fairlife after an animal welfare group released a video showing how the company allegedly abuses calves at its farm. [Chicago Tribune]
- A fellow named Jim Pappas is attempting to eat every cheesesteak in the tri-state area and document his findings on a blog called the Philadelphia Cheesesteak Adventure. During the first year of this conquest, he crushed 275 sandwiches. [Philadelphia Inquirer]
- Disney World is now offering a boozy cookie sandwich made with Dole Whip. This vodka-infused creation is called the “Frozcato Sugar Cookie Sandwich.” [PopSugar]
- And finally, here’s a clip of Dark Phoenix star Sophie Turner and Conan O’Brien playing an absurd drinking game called “tequila slaps”: