Disney World whips up a new movie-themed bar
Soon, Disney fans will be able to get sloshed at a bar inspired by the live action 2017 remake of Beauty and the Beast. An old cocktail lounge at Disney World’s Grand Floridian Resort is being turned into an upscale new drinking den that will include a big chandelier that will look like Belle’s gown. The bar will also have a library room as well as a garden and terrace that will channel the vibe of the Beast’s castle, and, per Food & Wine, “a motif of the Beast’s magical rose will appear throughout the room.” Disney already opened a pricey restaurant inspired by the film, dubbed Be Our Guest, as well as a movie-themed bar inside the amusement park called Gaston’s Tavern. But those were both inspired by the animated version of Beauty and the Beast, and not the remake that featured Emma Watson as Belle and, memorably, Sir Ian McKellen as a talking clock. The new, as yet-unnamed bar is slated to open in Fall 2019.
And in other news...
It’s hard to celebrate 4/20 when so many people of color are still being arrested for pot. We have to do better. Learn more: https://t.co/DPCcqND0SI pic.twitter.com/fLsngGteOF— Ben & Jerry's (@benandjerrys) April 20, 2019
- While several national food brands dropped dopey stoner-themed specials on 4/20, Ben & Jerry’s used the occasion to launch a petition urging Congress to expunge prior marijuana convictions and provide pardons and/or amnesty to people who were jailed for pot possession. [Ben & Jerry’s]
- As part of the marketing frenzy surrounding the last season of Game of Thrones, HBO worked with beverage brands to produce four Westeros-themed wines, 14 beers, and eight varieties of whiskey. [Esquire]
- Brett Martin’s best new restaurants list for GQ includes Indigo in Houston, Angler in San Francisco, and Vianda in San Juan, Puerto Rico. [GQ]
- Whole Food is attempting to cash in on royal baby mania by selling a limited edition “Royal Addition Cheese.” [F & W]
- As she prepares to hand over her celebrated Beverly Hills Vietnamese restaurant Crustacean to a predecessor, chef Helen An recently told the LA Times about some of the highlights of her storied career. [LAT]
- And finally, here is a terrifying image of Bobby Flay to kick off your Monday morning.
#HappyEaster pic.twitter.com/bj7pEwMBY1— Bobby Flay (@bflay) April 21, 2019