Litigious snack fan shocked to find skin-less potato skins
A woman in New York City is suing flair-loving chain TGI Fridays for selling a packaged “potato skins” snack that contains potato flakes and potato starch, but no actual potato skins. According to the suit, Solange Troncoso bought a bag of the sour cream and onion-flavored chips at a bodega in the Bronx but claims that she would not have forked over the $1.99 had she realized that the product did not contain potato skins. The lawsuit notes that the Idaho Potato Commission has associated potato skins with “healthy eating” for over half a century, and the “presence of potato skins imparts a further value in the eyes of reasonable consumers.” TGI Fridays has yet to comment to the lawsuit.
And in other news...
vote NO on prop: slicingbagels— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) March 28, 2019
- Chrissy Teigen weighs in on the bagel-slicing debate that swallowed the internet yesterday. [Twitter]
- Pete Davidson of SNL fame told Vanity Fair that he accidentally ended up paying for dinner for Kid Cudi, Kanye West, and Timothée Chalamet recently. “I already like put my card down to pay, because I thought it was just me and Cudi,” Davidson remarked. “And then like Chalamet showed up, and then Kanye showed up, and I was like ‘oh, $%#@.’” [Vanity Fair, Vulture]
- Abby’s, a new NBC sitcom about a woman (played by Natalie Morales) who starts a bar in her backyard, premieres at on NBC tonight at 9:30 p.m. In a break from the traditional sitcom production style, the entire show is filmed outside in front of a live audience. [NBC, Decider]
- In the New Yorker’s illustrated guide to “the secret shames of the Queer Eye guys,” Antoni Porowski is depicted eating a bowl of microwave poutine over the sink. [New Yorker]
- Avant-garde artist Cosimo Cavallaro is building a wall along the US-Mexico border in Tecate, California made entirely out of spoiled cotija cheese. [Munchies]
- And finally, here’s Sandra Oh and Mikey Day taking “the marshmallow test” in a promo for this week’s new episode of SNL: