Domestic mogul Martha Stewart is creating a line of CBD products
Occasionally controversial domestic mogul Martha Stewart is getting in on a slice of the cannabis product craze — starting off with CBD items for pets. The lifestyle guru and friend of weed aficionado Snoop Dogg has reportedly partnered with massive Canadian marijuana company Canopy Growth to create a line of hemp-derived, non-psychoactive CBD products. “I’m especially looking forward to our first collaboration together, which will offer sensible products for people’s beloved pets,” Stewart says. Stewart is certainly an animal lover. Her fur babies are frequently featured in posts to social media and she already sells a line of pet products, so this feels like a natural fit for the lifestyle empress.
And in other news...
- Frat boys and the rest of the American population are apparently abandoning their beloved brewskies — unless of course they need cans of Natural Light for beer pong. Sales at the biggest domestic beer brands have declined significantly as consumers turn to lower-carb cocktails. [Bloomberg]
- Americans are eating the most eggs in close to five decades — up 6 percent since 2016 — proving that Instagram feeds are right: People really are putting an egg on everything. [WaPo]
- Taco Bell’s experiment in fusing together three chalupas into a mega Tripelupa has spread to locations in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The chain started testing the train car-like item in December 2018 in Orange County, California. [Foodbeast/US Weekly]
- Following his duet on stage at the Oscars with costar Lady Gaga, A Star Is Born director Bradley Cooper was spotted slurping split pea soup with comedian Jerry Seinfeld in New York. [Page Six]
- New York Mets outfielder Brandon Nimmo doesn’t know how to properly prepare poultry and made himself sick eating undercooked chicken. Fortunately, his team is here to help: “We have to teach him how to cook so he doesn’t miss any more games,” says Mets manager Mickey Callaway. Maybe he should just order in. [For The Win]
- Mondelēz International, which owns brands like Cadbury and Oreo, is on the hunt for a chocolate taste tester. [Simple Most]
- Restaurant, bar, and adult playground chain Punch Bowl Social is planning to open a boutique hotel and is considering launching an IPO, too. [Restaurant Business]
- 1000 Foods to Eat Before You Die author Mimi Sheraton is just out there on Twitter being herself. [Twitter]
• All AM Intel Coverage [E]