Brace for chicken tenders, Guy Fieri-style
Platinum-haired Triple D superstar Guy Fieri wants to blanket America in chicken tenders, with the help of Planet Hollywood founder Robert Earl. The duo launched a fast-casual chicken tender restaurant called Chicken Guy! (exclamation point apparently necessary) last year at Disney Springs in Orlando, and now they’re turning it into a chain: The second outpost will open at a mall in Miami this spring, with more locations to follow “across the country.” The menu includes fried and grilled chicken tenders and 22 sauces, plus skewers, bowls, sandwiches, and fries.
And in other news...
• Speaking of chicken tenders, they’re now on the menu at Olive Garden where they’re bathed in a spicy alfredo sauce, surely the creation of someone’s nonna. [Foodbeast]
• Amazon is now hawking its own brand of milk, giving customers yet another opportunity to suckle from the teat of Jeff Bezos. [Grocery Dive]
• A barbecue restaurant in Syracuse, New York is apologizing after putting a “jerked and pulled” pork sandwich named after scandalized New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft on the menu. [NY Post]
• The Supreme Court won’t hear In-N-Out’s case on whether it can ban workers from wearing “Fight for $15” buttons, after the Fifth Circuit court previously ruled that the chain couldn’t prevent staff from sporting said pins. [Bloomberg Law]
• R. Kelly got out of jail on bond for felony aggravated sex abuse charges and went straight to McDonald’s for a Quarter Pounder and fries. [Page Six]
• Renting a Shake Shack food truck for a wedding, birthday party, corporate event, or just for the hell of it is now possible, provided you live in Atlanta or the tri-state area.[Food&Wine]