Everyone wants to go to Jay and Bey’s Oscars party
The 91st annual Academy Awards are this Sunday, but who cares! It’s all about the after parties, and the hottest event in town is unsurprisingly the one hosted by Jay-Z and Beyoncé, which will reportedly take place in the parking garage of legendary LA hotel the Chateau Marmont. Page Six hears it’ll be catered by Eleven Madison Park chef Daniel Humm and serve truffle quesadillas and “caviar by the gallon,” plus of course giant bottles of Armand de Brignac (aka “Ace of Spades”), the Champagne company owned by Jay.
And in other news...
• Starbucks China is losing ground to a homegrown chain called Luckin Coffee, which is 20 percent cheaper than Starbucks. [Nikkei]
• The Warriors locker room debated the merits of In-N-Out vs. Whataburger vs. Five Guys. Unsurprisingly for a Cali-based team, In-N-Out seemed to be the clear winner. [SF Gate]
• Pizzagate, the 4chan- and YouTube-fueled conspiracy theory that led one dude to shoot a gun inside a DC pizzeria and another to try to set fire to it, got a shoutout on NCIS: New Orleans last night. Cool!! [AV Club]
• Hot take: If Ross Perot couldn’t win the presidency, ex-Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz doesn’t have a chance in hell. [NY Mag]
• Fudgie the Whale is all grown up: Carvel teamed up with a craft brewery for ice cream-cake inspired beer. [Lohud]
• A London restaurant is serving red velvet “period pancakes” garnished with tampon-shaped macarons. At least it’s for a good cause? [Business Insider]