Taco Bell’s Crunchwrap-scented wrapping paper sold out immediately
For the second year in a row, Taco Bell Canada released a limited-edition “Crunchwrapping paper” designed to look like like the ingredients of a Crunchwrap — that is, ground beef, nacho cheese sauce, a crunchy tostada shell, a soft tortilla, and a mix of lettuce, tomato, and sour cream. As the product description is careful to note, the paper is not edible, however this year it is scented. Chain loyalists can now give their loved ones a gift that smells like a Triple Double Crunchwrap.
Unfortunately for the freaks to whom this appeals, this year’s batch — available in Taco Bell Canada stores and on Amazon — has already sold out online a mere four days after the product launch, as reported by Vice . Guess everyone else will have to imbue their holiday presents with a beefy, cheesy aroma the old-fashioned way: soaking paper in a slurry of blitzed Crunchwraps until pungent, and then air-drying (preferably not in a roach- or rat-infested area) until ready for wrapping.
And in other news…
- Aviation Gin, the booze brand owned by actor Ryan Reynolds, was quick to poke fun at the Peloton Wife ad, thereby expanding the Peloton Wife Cinematic Universe. [Esquire]
- McDonald’s black franchisees make hundreds of thousands of dollars less a year, on average, than their white counterparts, and are leaving the fast-food giant, according to an Insider investigation. [Insider]
- The Popeyes chicken sandwich relaunch doubled the chain’s foot traffic for November. [Forbes]
- Why are the pedal-assisted electric bikes used by delivery people for Amazon, UPS, and DHL legal in New York, but the throttle e-bikes used by regular food delivery workers aren’t? [Gothamist]
- A performance artist ate the $120,000 banana artwork duct-taped to the wall at Art Basel. Luckily, replacement bananas are sold at grocery stores for exponentially less than $120,000 each. [Miami Herald]
- Fruit recall alert: Tailor Cut Produce’s fruit mix with cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple, and grapes is the potential source of a salmonella outbreak. [Food Safety News]
- A lifestyle vlogger is pivoting from vegan to an all-carnivore diet. [BuzzFeed News]
- Stocking stuffer idea: rhinestone-bedazzled soda cans from Etsy. [Insider]
- ‘Tis the season for EGGBERT:
you cannot stop it. Eggbert season has come again https://t.co/3LBHWysWTd— Calvin Kasulke (@cjkasulke) December 9, 2019
• All AM Intel Coverage [E]