More like Kylo Hen, right?
We’ve already established that there is little better than a grocery store rotisserie chicken, and if it were socially permissible to tear apart one of those suckers with our bare hands, we would. So allow Adam Driver to blaze that trail for you. On an episode of the podcast The Film Reroll, Driver’s Juilliard classmate Scott Aiello recalls Driver’s love for rotisserie chicken, to the point where he’d eat a whole one in class. “He would walk around school with an entire chicken in one hand and a jug of water in the other,” he said.
Driver previously told GQ he used to eat a whole chicken every day while he was at school, as well as six eggs for breakfast like a gangly, post-mumblecore Gaston. Showing up to class to gnaw on a chicken carcass while your teacher explains the finer points of script analysis is maybe the best power move. And have you ever seen Driver shirtless? Those are the abs that chicken built! We’re highly anticipating Driver’s next role as the spokesperson for Costco.
I wish adam driver would carry around like a rotisserie chicken— (@riseofben) December 11, 2019
And in other news...
- The NLRB ordered a judge to approve a settlement in favor of McDonald’s, ruling that the company isn’t a “joint employer,” and thus not liable for labor law violations committed by its franchisees. Fight for $15 said the decision “shows that corporate control over politics and government has infected our democracy.” [NY Times]
- Democrats are campaigning for the support of the Culinary Workers Union. [CNBC]
- A new scam is targeting phones at pizza restaurants. [ABC 11]
- All I want for Christmas is a 10-hour dinner with Vito Spatafore from The Sopranos. [Vice]
- McDonald’s UK launched its first fully vegan meal, Veggie Dippers, which are “red pepper, rice, sundried tomatoes, pesto and split peas surrounded by breadcrumbs.” Sundried tomatoes and pesto! The ‘90s are back, baby! [FBN]
- Pepsi is making a coffee-infused soda which has twice the caffeine of regular Pepsi. [NY Post]
- This Popeyes chicken sandwich sweater is hideous, and it sold out immediately, because apparently nothing will stop chicken mania. [Insider]
- A Dunkin’ employee says he spit in a cop’s coffee but not because he was a cop (it’s because he was mean to the employee’s fiancée!). [CBS58]
- This sandwich just seems like a deal.
I don’t know what message she’s trying to send, but the lady at my bodega snuck an entire salad into my turkey sandwich. pic.twitter.com/g8tYMI4Gkp— Josh Gondelman (@joshgondelman) December 12, 2019