Howard Schultz doesn’t have the “guts” to run for President! Watched him on @60Minutes last night and I agree with him that he is not the “smartest person.” Besides, America already has that! I only hope that Starbucks is still paying me their rent in Trump Tower!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 28, 2019
Presidential hopeful Howard Schultz and Trump trade jabs
After years of rumors, former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz tweeted on Sunday that he’s “seriously considering running for president” as an independent in 2020 — spurring many to worry that as a third-party candidate, he’ll ruin things for Democrats and hand the election to Trump. In an interview with 60 Minutes on Sunday, Schultz took a pointed jab at POTUS, saying, “I’ve become bored with President Trump and his tweets,” and this morning Trump fired back with a tweet of his own. Thank goodness, because clearly our political soap opera needed another subplot.
And in other news...
• Here’s a map of the U.S. cities that spend the most (Seattle!) and the least (Detroit) on takeout. More depressingly, it reveals how much the average city-dweller will spend on takeout in their lifetime — between $100,000 and $150,000 depending on where they live. [Digg]
• A very pregnant Amy Schumer was gifted a very NSFW cake by her sister-in-law, featuring a Cabbage Patch doll emerging from the womb. [@amyschumer/Instagram]
• Loyal patrons of a Starbucks on the Upper West Side have launched a petition to keep the store from closing, which is unusual considering the coffee giant has historically been the target of petitions to keep it from opening. [New Yorker]
• Sonic has added deep-fried Oreos to its menu, for those who need a fix during the state fair off-season. [People]
• Proof that celebrities can’t in fact get whatever they want, whenever they want it: Tiger Woods was denied pizza at a golf tournament last week because the vendor was waiting on a routine health inspection. [ESPN]