Taco Bell’s cheesiest advertisement of all time
Taco Bell is constructing a nacho cheese-dispensing billboard in Toronto. While it’s not yet clear whether said liquid cheese will flow like a waterfall or merely be spat out in pre-packaged plastic cups, the fast-food chain is encouraging fans “to bring any snack they like” to get slathered in the stuff. The billboard is slated to make its debut next Saturday, January 19.
And in other news...
• KFC is giving free bowl haircuts in Brooklyn today to promote its Famous Bowls, for anyone who wants to resemble Nick Carter circa 1996. [AdAge]
• A video of Waffle House employees pouring food on a passed-out customer went viral after it was posted to Instagram. The company apologized, but the customer is seeking to press charges for battery. [AJC]
• The actor who played Juan Valdez in the iconic Colombian coffee commercials is dead at 83. [NY Times]
• Flamin’ Hot Doritos are a thing now. [People]
• An Atlanta restaurant is hosting a Bird Box-themed dinner in which diners will consume tacos and margaritas while blindfolded. Meanwhile, Netflix is urging people to quit posting videos of themselves doing dumb stunts inspired by the movie. [AJC]
• Will Seth Rogen appear in the next season of Netflix hit Ugly Delicious? The actor was spotted dining with David Chang and a camera crew in Vancouver this week. [Daily Hive]
• Spotted at CES 2019: a bread-making robot that can bake 10 loaves at a time. [Washington Post]