- Breadstick sandwich purveyor Olive Garden is bringing back its popular Pasta Pass promotion, offering customers unlimited access to the chain’s selection of faux Italian specialties for one flat rate. This year, according to a press release, the OG is expanding its program to include year-long Pasta Passes for the low, low price of $300, plus tax. The traditional eight-week Pasta Pass will be available for $100, as well. The carb-tastic vouchers go on sale at 2 p.m. ET this Thursday, August 23, at PastaPass.com. If previous promotions are any indication, they’re going to sell out fast.
- Tech giant IBM has secured a patent for a coffee drone, according to USA Today. These flying robots may one day be able to predict when caffeine addicts are in need of their next cup of joe. The idea sounds cool, but one industry expert notes a potential problem: “The fundamental flaw here is transporting hot liquids through the air.”
- Here is an odd Twitter exchange about sparkling water between pop superstar Katy Perry and hero chef José Andrés.
Yes Katy.....but can we warm up slightly and still have some bubbles.....you want to make tea? https://t.co/34ZiG8hZ27— José Andrés (@chefjoseandres) August 21, 2018
- Alaska is experiencing a red salmon shortage this summer, reports the New York Times, and it may have a significant impact on the state’s economy. “It’s just like everybody is in total shock,” one commercial fisherman tells the Times. “Nobody can afford to buy gas on their four-wheelers. It’s going to be a hard winter for a lot of people.”
- McDonald’s Japan figures diners can never have enough McNuggets, so, as Foodbeast reports, it’s going to start selling the little chicken chunks in 48-count buckets. These colossal McNugget containers should be available at Mickey D’s locations in Japan by December 1.
- Tired: boba tea. Wired, per Munchies: boba pizza. Yum.
食儻生活料理坊 · 嘉義 ᵀᴬᴵᵂᴬᴺ ᶠᴼᴼᴰ #嘉義 珍珠披薩 139 --------------------------------- 到嘉義這間，基本上每桌必點這道 打包回家烤來吃，加熱過的珍珠一樣Q軟 他們家珍珠有非常濃的「黑糖味」 餅皮比較一般是薄脆型 但珍珠真的厲害沒話說～ 與起司搭配的完美融洽 鹹甜交錯，會讓人不知不覺 吃了好多片！✨ 在嘉義火車站附近（走路會到） 以cp值來說，139能吃到8片披薩 還不錯呢 ️平日分兩個時段營業喲！ ᴺᴵᴺᴵᴱᴬᵀᶠᴼᴼᴰ #妮飽吃嘉義 - 【 嘉義 | 食儻生活料理坊 】 地點：嘉義市蘭井街453號 營業時間：平日11:00～14:00、17:00～21:00 假日11:00～21:00 週二公休 ☎️營業電話：05-2361552 ------------------------------------ #嘉義晚餐 #台灣 #傳統小吃 #嘉義午餐 #銅板美食 #食儻 #起司 #珍珠 #嘉義美食 #珍珠披薩 #food #eat #taiwan #yummy #dessert #2eat2gether #Taiwan #instagram#pizza
- Chipotle recently attempted to lure new customers by offering buy-one, get-one burritos and bowls, and the plan worked. On Saturday, the beleaguered chain sold 1.9 million entrees, the most single-day sales in company history, according to QSR Magazine.
- The celebrated Lost Kitchen in Maine attempted to slow down reservations by requiring that they be mailed in on notecards. The plan didn’t really work. The restaurant received 20,000 hand-written bookings, reports the Washington Post.
- A new Scooby Doo movie is coming out, and in this animated feature, we learn Freddy’s uncle is none other than celebrity chef Booby Flay. Bobby, his cat, Nacho, and fellow Food Network star Giada De Laurentiis are set for cameos in Scooby Doo and the Gourmet Ghost.
- It seems there is indeed a market for childless restaurants. After Oma’s Küche, on the German island of Rügen, banned kids, it saw a huge spike in business, reports Munchies.
- Maura Judkis of the Washington Post has tried Chick-fil-A’s new meal kits and found that they are pretty easy on the home cook. Unlike competitors such as Blue Apron, most of CFA’s ingredients are pre-prepped.
- And, finally, some beautiful artist has taken 1970s whiskey advertisements that star the late and legendary musician David Bowie and turned them into music videos.