- Taco Bell’s India branch is offering a breakfast item called a “potaco,” which is a taco with hash brown shells. This is a brilliant idea and sounds much better than a taco with a fried chicken shell. Hopefully, potacos will make their way to the United States soon.
- Congratulations to William Mahnken and Shannan Eller. The couple, who got engaged at the end of an episode in Queer Eye’s second season, just tied the knot.
- And kudos to Tacoma, Washington Starbucks barista Rashelle Rehms, who helped deliver a baby in her cafe’s parking lot.
- Proving it can be cool and hip, in addition to being a source of enormous discounts, Costco is now serving trendy dishes such as acai bowls and organic beef burgers. The $1.50 hot dog-and-soda deal, however, remains its most popular item at the bulk-retail chain’s food courts.
- No, mayonnaise is not vegan. This is a fact a Subway worker had to explain to a vegan customer. The exchange was documented on Facebook, and the post is, unsurprisingly, going viral.
- Here’s an op-ed calling for more diversity in the American Royal Barbecue Hall of Fame. Twenty-six out of the 27 inductees to date are white.
- Bloody Mary garnishes used to be as simple as a celery stalk or a couple of olives. Now, it’s no surprise to find a full meal hanging off the side of a bloody. The Wall Street Journal explains how we got here.
- Finally, more and more dinner-only restaurants in larger cities are opening up their dining rooms as co-working spaces during daytime hours. Coffee shops, beware?
Taco Bell Has Unleashed Hash Brown-Shell Tacos in India
Plus, a Starbucks barista helped deliver a baby in a parking lot, and more food news to start the week