- Congratulations to rapper and new mom Cardi B, who, according to Vibe, is the recipient of a lifetime supply of chips and guacamole from beleaguered burrito chain Chipotle. There’s no official word on why Chipotle blessed Ms. B with such a gift, but the chain must be happy with the free advertising she is providing on her Instagram feed.
- In a potentially sweet merger, doughnut purveyor Krispy Kreme is looking to acquire cookie delivery chain Insomnia Cookies, reports CNBC.
- More and more people are reporting illnesses linked to McDonald’s salads. The number of sick individuals has swelled to 160, according to CNN.
- Famous Champagne maker Cristal has been adapting its winemaking process to deal with climate change. The company is focusing on organic and biodynamic growing methods, reports the New York Times.
- Ina Garten has a new cookbook coming out this fall, and she’s offering a preview with this recipe for tomato-and-avocado salad.
- Nutrition science has now determined full-fat dairy products are actually good, per The Atlantic.
- In Savannah, Georgia, a terrible restaurant patron groped a waitress and paid the price. The waitress grabbed the offender, who, per Buzzfeed News, was later arrested and charged with sexual battery, and threw him to the ground. This is yet another example of a restaurant worker facing sexual misconduct from a customer.
- Want to know what kind of dog you are? Build a breakfast in this Buzzfeed quiz and find out.
- Bad news for meatheads: Processed animal proteins such as bacon and beef jerky have been linked to manic episodes, according to a new study from Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- McSweeney’s would like readers to “please explore my conceptual modern gastropub experience.”
- Rest in peace, Madeleine Kamman. The cookbook author and culinary teacher died on July 16 at the age of 88.
- And, finally, in what must be some sort of delicious miracle, a Virgin Mary statue is “weeping” olive oil, reports the Washington Post. Church leaders can’t explain the phenomenon, but perhaps it is indicative of a new era.
Chipotle Blesses Cardi B With a Lifetime Supply of Chips and Guac
Plus, Ina Garten shares a recipe from her forthcoming cookbook, and more food news to end the week
Building a successful co-op should also be "rooted in justice, equity, and a holistic view of the world"