Blue Apron subscribers are in for a treat today — the meal kit service’s collaboration with Chrissy Teigen starts deliveries.
Our reigning Queen of Twitter has come a long way to become a food authority. She’s long tweeted about her love of bagels and posts gorgeous #foodporn on Instagram, but people were skeptical about how much a model really knows about cooking.
Turns out, a lot. Her New York Times bestselling cookbook Cravings, released in 2016, is witty, gorgeously shot and, most importantly, full of accessible, delicious recipes. With a new book on the way and a trademark on the word “cravings,” Teigen has firmly established her own food-centric brand, a nascent sort of Goop for a more irreverent generation of cool girls who care more about enjoying their food than how many calories they’re consuming.
Teigen has leveraged that brand (and her substantial social media following) into #ads for brands like Smirnoff Vodka and Lawry’s Seasoning and full-on partnerships with the likes of Becca Cosmetics. For the collaboration with Blue Apron, she curated six weeks of recipes from Cravings (and one from her Cravings sequel) that will be offered as meal options for Blue Apron subscribers. Everyone who orders from the Chrissy Teigen x Blue Apron collaboration is also entered to win a copy of Cravings, and new customers get $50 off their first two deliveries.
Teigen’s Garlic and Soy-Glazed Shrimp recipe is first up; subsequent weeks will include other favorites you may have seen on her Instagram, including a yummy-sounding pork Banh Mi from Cravings 2. Hot tip: The Chinese Chicken Salad going out the week of June 18 was apparently a big hit with her dog.
- Week of June 4, 2018: Garlic and Soy-Glazed Shrimp with Charred Broccoli and Hot Green Pepper Sauce
- Week of June 11, 2018: Sesame Chicken Noodles with Bok Choy
- Week of June 18, 2018: Chinese Chicken Salad with Crispy Wontons
- Week of June 25, 2018: Chicken Lettuce Cups with Sweet Peppers, Mushrooms, and Jasmine Rice
- Week of July 2, 2018: Chipotle-Lime Chicken Fajitas with Mushrooms, Monterey Jack, and Crema
- Week of July 9, 2018: Pork Banh Mi Sandwiches with Pickled Cucumbers and Carrots