- Kentucky Fried Chicken is getting in on the pickle trend and taking a page from the playbook of one of its fast-food competitors with a new “pickle fried chicken” sandwich. Chick-fil-A famously adorns each sandwich with a couple of dill chips. KFC is taking the idea one step further by coating its extra-crispy chicken in something called “pickle sauce,” according to a press release. The new, pickle-y yardbird will be available for a limited time, starting Monday, June 25. Perhaps this would pair well with Sonic’s pickle juice slushie.
- Tips for Jesus, the Instagram account that features anonymous do-gooders leaving exorbitant gratuity at restaurants, is back. This time, a big tip was left at a restaurant in Russia, where the FIFA Men’s World Cup is currently being played.
So yah, it’s been a while. But there’s more than gets posted. This is in Russia, where the exchange is something like 63 to 1. Anna was amazing. Food was incredible. Company the best. Thank you Saint Petersburg! #sintoho #worldcup #rubles #brazil #costarica #morocco #egypt #futbol #football #Кубокмира #Богблагословил #пособиедляИисуса #googletranslatehasitslimits — Changed some hashtags based on comments, but still probably not perfect! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Soccer fans from around the world have descended upon Russia for the World Cup, and they’re thirsty. Bars are having trouble keeping up with demand and running out of beer.
- Tabasco sauce is probably America’s most famous hot sauce. Here’s how it’s made.
- Fast-casual pizza may be the future of American restaurant chains. Mod Pizza and Blaze Pizza, of which basketball superstar LeBorn James is an investor, are the two fastest-growing chains in the United States this year.
- Heads up, caffeine addicts: Starbucks has a happy-hour deal today that will offer half-price Frappuccinos after 3 p.m. The Seattle-based coffee giant really wants to boost those afternoon sales.
- Instagram has a new platform called IGTV, which allows users to upload longer videos. Employees celebrated the launch with a buffet of foie gras.
- Catalan chef Joan Roca, who runs the three-Michelin starred restaurant El Celler de Can Roca, is catching some heat from people who want Catalonian independence for hosting Spanish King Felipe VI.
- Yes, this is pretty much every episode of Queer Eye.
every ep of Queer Eye— Jenna Bradley (@JennaOvershares) June 19, 2018
bobby: your house is blue and grey now
antoni: do you like dip
tan: patterned shirt, french tuck
jonathan: literally just wash your face
karamo: FACE YOUR DEMONS
- Grab your torches and pitchforks and prepare to march on United Airlines headquarters: The company is removing delicious Stroopwafels from its in-flight snack rotation.
- Finally, in today’s plastic straw news: McDonald’s is testing alternatives for the environmentally unfriendly drinking accessories in the United States. The chain has already banned plastic straws at its United Kingdom locations.