- Get ready for some juicy new details regarding the royal wedding between American actress Meghan Markle and Brit-with-good-bloodlines Prince Harry. At the exclusive reception, guests sipped on vintage Pol Roger Champagne and ate locally raised pork belly. And, perhaps to make the Americans feel at home, there was beer pong. Take a peek at the complete reception menu.
- Meanwhile, Markle’s uninvited family members dined at a Florida Burger King after the ceremony.
- Actor Kumail Nanjiani was foolish enough to post a tweet deriding pizza as an “overrated” food, and he is now, predictably, receiving quite a bit of backlash from the internet.
- Hero chef José Andrés’s World Central Kitchen, the nonprofit that provides aid to people in the wake of natural disasters, has officially set up shop in Hawaii as the state’s residents deal with the aftermath of volcanic eruptions.
- On Sunday, Andrés was at Tufts University in Boston, where he offered a commencement speech and received an honorary Doctor of Public Service degree.
- Here is an extremely upscale sentence: French chefs Éric Ripert and Daniel Boulud went on a bar crawl in New York City for the Michelin guide.
- Comedian Kathy Griffin is still trying to work her way back into mainstream showbiz after a poorly received joke that involved a replica of Donald Trump’s decapitated head. Griffin recently joined in on a mukbang at McDonald’s and ate way too much fast food with a couple of YouTubers.
- An agency in Russia is offering to help restaurants ahead of this summer’s World Cup by supplying fake reviews.
- Finally, Food & Wine released its best new chefs list for 2018.
Royal Wedding Guests Played Beer Pong at the Post-Ceremony Reception
Plus, Food & Wine released its best-new-chefs list, and more food news to start the week
Eater’s holiday banquet celebrates the food traditions we return to in memory, time and time again