For the new pastry-themed mini-season of the hit Netflix series Chef’s Table, filmmaker David Gelb and his crew filmed four acclaimed chefs on three continents. Here are the stars of Chef’s Table: Pastry:
- Christina Tosi, the James Beard Award-winning chef/restaurateur/TV star behind the ever-growing Milk Bar empire
- Will Goldfarb, a former NYC pastry chef who decamped to Bali to open Room 4 Dessert, a tasting menu restaurant devoted entirely to sweets
- Jordi Roca, the forward-thinking pastry chef at his family’s three Michelin star restaurant El Celler de Can Roca in Girona, Spain
- Corrado Assenza, a renowned Italian gelato and cannoli maker who operates Caffé Sicilia in Noto, Sicily
The new trailer features a cavalcade of both high-end and inexpensive desserts, and, as a kicker at the end, a shot of Christina Tosi ordering deep fried Twinkies and Snickers bars at what appears to be some type of county fair. Gelb and Co. previously released three full seasons of the documentary series, focusing on some of the world’s most acclaimed and influential chefs. The team also released a four-episode mini season about French chefs between the second and third full seasons.
All four episodes of Chef’s Table: Pastry will land on Netflix worldwide on April 13.
• Netflix [YouTube]
• ‘Chef’s Table: Pastry’ to Debut This Spring on Netflix [E]
• All Coverage of Chef’s Table [E]