Samantha Bee Gives ‘The Gift of Eggnog’
Last night’s Full Frontal With Samantha Bee holiday special produced this hilarious yuletide parody of celebrity charity singles “We Are the World” and “Do They Know It’s Christmas” featuring the late night host and some of her famous pals singing about eggnog. There’s Jon Stewart doing his best ’80s Bob Dylan, Crazy Rich Asians star Nico Santos dressed up like Kenny Loggins, Eric Andre sporting both a sweet high-top and curly blonde mane, and Sam Bee channeling Cyndi Lauper. John Cryer, Patton Oswalt, and Molly Ringwald also make cameos, as well as Queer Eye grooming expert Jonathan Van Ness. Enjoy.
Fast times at Mar-a-Lago
President Donald Trump is about to leave the White House for a 16-day vacation at his beloved Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida. But as Laurence Leamer, the author of a new book about the club, notes, Trump’s Floridian hideaway has seen better days. “The service is terrible, if you’re not in, like, the four tables around the president, forget it,” one club member tells the author. “The servers aren’t well-trained. You have to beg for water. The food is the same menu year after year. People complain about it. It’s just not good.” The club only has about 500 members, many of whom were quiet about Trump’s political career after he was elected, but now the mood at the resort has apparently changed. “People I had no idea were critical of the president are now speaking out, at least in a Palm Beach manner,” Leamer writes.
And in other news...
- Trader Joe’s is going to start selling pimento cheese next year. [Food & Wine]
- European far right groups are boycotting Toblerone after the company announced halal certification, because they think the move is a sign of the “Islamization” of Europe. As CNN notes, the recipe didn’t change at all, and, of course, a lot of other popular processed foods also have this certification. [CNN]
- This year, “wellness drink” companies like Recess, Dirty Lemon, and LaCroix figured out how to harness the power of Instagram to get people hooked on their products. [Fast Company]
- Due to the windy conditions in Brookings, Oregon last week, it looked like the inflatable snowmen outside a combination KFC/Taco Bell were “fighting.” The internet can’t get enough of the video of this scuffle. [The Takeout]
- And finally, here’s what happens when Rose, the demented raccoon from The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell, works at Netflix for a day: