- Michael Solomonov and Steve Cook, the dynamic duo behind restaurants such as Zahav, Dizengoff, and Goldie, have another cookbook on the way: Titled Israeli Soul: Easy, Essential, Delicious, it will include recipes for falafel, pita, five-minute hummus, desserts, and more. It comes out October 23.
- Superhero chef and Donald Trump nemesis José Andrés is working on a vegetables cookbook.
- Hit Mediterranean-influenced NYC restaurant Estela — which once hosted the Obamas for dinner — is working on a cookbook. Penned by chef Ignacio Mattos, the currently untitled book will be published October 2 and feature recipes for menu favorites such as mussels escabeche and beef tartare.
- Calling all millennials: Brooklyn’s first avocado restaurant, Avocaderia, is writing a self-titled cookbook that will feature 100 avocado recipes (think avocado toast, avocado “tartare,” and avocado smoothies). Release date TBA.
- Chef Anita Lo — who shuttered her 17-year-old acclaimed NYC restaurant Annisa last year — is working on a meals-for-one cookbook: Called Solo: 101 Recipes to Cook for Yourself, it will include 101 recipes for lone diners, most of which can be cooked in 30 minutes or less. It hits shelves September 25.
- Attention Noma obsessives: The cultishly adored Copenhagen restaurant will release a new cookbook on October 16. Foundations of Flavour: The Noma Guide to Fermentation will include recipes and techniques for koji, kombuchas, shoyus, misos, vinegars, and more.
- Baking expert Rose Levy Beranbaum (The Cake Bible, et al) will release a new cookbook this year: Rose’s Baking Basics will include 100 recipes for classics like chocolate sheet cake, banana bread, and peach cobbler. It will be released September 25.
- Celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson is working on a new cookbook called A Moving Feast: Recipes and Stories of Soul Food’s Journey North, which will feature modern interpretations of traditional African-American recipes; release date TBA.
- Cookbook guru Dorie Greenspan’s next book is called Everyday Dorie: The Way I Cook and will feature easygoing recipes such as miso-glazed salmon and Eton mess. It hits shelves October 23.
- Philly chef Walter Staib is working on A Taste of History Cookbook, the companion to his Emmy Award-winning PBS series by the same name. A release date is TBA.
- Brace for a Johnny and June Carter Cash cookbook: The late musical couple’s only son, John Carter Cash, is releasing a book called The Cash and Carter Family Cookbook: Recipes and Recollections from Johnny and June’s Table on September 25. Expect recipes like “Johnny’s chili” alongside memories from celebrity friends like Bono and Loretta Lynn.
Philly Chef Michael Solomonov Has a New Cookbook In the Works
Plus, Noma is releasing a cookbook all about fermentation
If you buy something from an Eater link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics policy.