- Cookbook author, very good tweeter, and all-around delight Chrissy Teigen has added “McDonald’s spokesperson” to her resume. Teigen, who could be on the verge of launching a cooking and lifestyle empire, is the face of Mickey D’s new dollar menu. She made her debut campaigning for the fast-food chain with a sponsored tweet that McDonald’s promoted and a commercial that was shown during the Golden Globes broadcast Sunday night. After the ad aired, Teigen fired off a celebratory tweet, as charming as ever.
ARE YOU SO PROUD OF ME!— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) January 8, 2018
- Whoever stole that million-dollar bottle of vodka from a Copenhagen bar must have had a good time. Police have recovered that bottle, dented and empty of its contents.
- Jon Snow may be King in the North, but in New York City he’s just a regular goon. Actor Kit Harington, who plays Snow on HBO’s massive hit Game of Thrones, was kicked out of NYC bar for getting into a fight over the weekend.
- Wealthy person Elon Musk says he is going to “put an old school drive-in, roller skates, and rock restaurant at one of the new Tesla Supercharger locations in LA.” So, basically Musk is inventing Johnny Rockets. Ugh, tech bros.
- Noma’s René Redzepi has no plans to take one of his famous restaurant pop-ups to the United States, but the Danish chef is considering Asia (again).
- A federal judge has thrown out a lawsuit that alleged Starbucks misleads customers by underfilling its beverages.
- If he decides to give up acting, everybody’s dad Tom Hanks might make a good waiter. Look at how well he handled this tray of martinis at the Golden Globes.
- Finally, it’s time to pour out those mimosas and trash the Hollandaise sauce. Mariah Carey says brunch is dead.