- Giant coffee brands continue to pick up the trends of their specialty counterparts. Peet’s Coffee & Tea is getting ready to serve a turmeric latte as part of its winter 2018 menu. “After an indulgent holiday season, our wellness-centric and coffee forward Golden Caffẻ Latte, Golden Chai Latte, and Golden Cappuccino are the perfect way to kick off 2018,” Peet’s president and chief executive officer Dave Burwick explains. Peet’s is here to help you get back in the health zone.
- Burgeoning domestic goddess Chrissy Teigen wants to have a “Blue Apron-type service” based on her own recipes.
I would love this one day. Especially with the thai ingredients that can be hard to find for a lot of people! https://t.co/MslMOZrfZT— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) January 12, 2018
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, newly minted Golden Globes winner for Best Musical or Comedy, will be streaming for free via Amazon this weekend. The show spotlights gorgeous New York City dining and nightlife from the 1950s.
- McDonald’s is finally planning to get rid of styrofoam cups this year. The chain wants to use 100 percent recycled fiber-based packaging at its locations around the world by 2020.
- Having already conquered the world of high-end dresses, Vera Wang wants to be an even bigger part of your special day. The designer is partnering with French patisserie institution Ladureé on some fancy wedding macarons. The treats are surprisingly affordable considering the names on board and the typical upcharge for wedding-related goods: A box of six checks in at $24, and bulk prices are $166 for 45, $274 for 80, and $425 for 125.
- Why are Brits obsessed with tea? It’s all thanks to one Portuguese woman who lived in the 17th century.
- The winner of ABC’s canceled season of The Great American Baking Show opens up about how judge Johnny Iuzzini’s sexual harassment allegations have overshadowed her achievements.
- Canadian whiskey is making a “long-awaited comeback,” according to the New York Times. Don Draper must be thrilled.
- Right-wing geniuses are owning the libs and protesting Wendy’s by buying food from the chain.
- Once again, Donald Trump has said something stupid, and once again, hero chef José Andrés is taking him to task on Twitter.
Mr. @realdonaldtrump @POTUS Let me introduce you to some amazing young Haitian women and men!Learning in our @WCKitchen cooking school in Port au Prince. Dreaming of a great future. Their ancestors survived hardships. They deserve respect. And your apology! pic.twitter.com/3X3n5kSTq5— José Andrés (@chefjoseandres) January 12, 2018
- Finally, a mom-to-be, perhaps the greatest mom-to-be ever, recently celebrated her pregnancy with a maternity shoot at Taco Bell. The photos are just as glorious as you might imagine.