- Fried chicken brand Chick-fil-A boasts stronger per store sales than McDonald’s and KFC combined and achieved 49 consecutive years of sales growth. A new Business Insider piece attributes its recent success to a new attempt at inclusivity (or really, a move away from blatant intolerance and partisan donations).
- One of the new hosts of Britain’s new iteration of the wildly popular show The Great British Bake Off doesn’t eat sweets, because he gets more work if he stays thin. “No one likes a tubby goth is what I’m saying,” he tells The Times.
- Eggslut’s Alvin Cailan comments on the recent gentrification-focused protests against Boyle Heights newcomer Weird Wave Coffee Brewers:
Now I wonder what if I opened a restaurant in East LA if they would protest and want me out even tho I grew up there.— ALVINCAILAN (@ALVINCAILAN) August 6, 2017
- World-famous runner Usain Bolt announced his impending retirement last week, but then placed a surprising third place in the World Championships 100m. But it’s fine: Bolt soothed his bronze medal win with some KFC.
- Is the problem with meal kits that Americans simply don’t want to cook for themselves?
- The Potbelly sandwich chain is looking to sell itself.
- He’s not wrong:
Soup. In a fucking jam jar. Ridiculous. Bowls have worked so well for centuries. pic.twitter.com/as9hpTZikZ— Niall Harbison (@NiallHarbison) August 5, 2017
- And finally: Are these snakes or doughnuts? Twitter is debating:
Wow , look at how pretty.. pic.twitter.com/dTXa3i9qM2— dip$ (@beatriizz__) August 4, 2017