- An Australian grandmother discovers ice cream sandwich that doesn't melt for four days, and the internet freaks out about it.
- Mondelez, the parent company of America’s favorite snacks like Oreos and Ritz Crackers, had chosen a new CEO, Dirk Van de Put. He succeeds the current CEO, Irene B. Rosenfeld, who will leave in November.
- Ever wondered what the queen of England eats? According to the former chef Darren McGrady, who worked for Queen Elizabeth ll and her family for years, the queen is not all that bothered about food and cares more about her dogs and horses. When she is off-duty from her five-course banquet dishes, the queen usually sticks to “grilled or poached fish with some vegetables and salad, but no potatoes or starch.”
- Taking food pictures might start to pay off in a new way. Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have developed an interface, called Pic2Recipe, that will analyze the food photos and retrieve the recipe that matches the image.
- Wrigleyville locals are not happy about the upcoming closing of their beloved Taco Bell and are turning to social media and other outlets to express their anger. Some fans in Chicago are even organizing a protest to protect their late-night taco meals.
- Martha Stewart was spotted hand-feeding her dogs turkey bacon that’s (obviously) organic, local, and sustainable. Nice life for the dogs.
- Big Japanese beer brand Sapporo just acquired a beloved San Francisco brewery, Anchor Brewing. But don’t worry — there are no planned changes to the beer recipes.
- Please direct your attention to this avocado Ewok:
They may look cute and cuddly, but avocadon't doubt the Ewoks' fierceness in battle. Carving by @minayoshi. pic.twitter.com/35Y6I7Rrml— Star Wars (@starwars) August 1, 2017