- An untold part of the history of liquor brand Jack Daniel’s is that a slave — now said to be the first black master distiller in the United States — taught Jack Daniel how to make whiskey. He’s finally being recognized for his role and accomplishments.
- In this episode of Huang’s World, chef Eddie Huang has dinner with a white nationalist. Watch it starting 29 minutes in on YouTube, or see a clip here:
Watch Eddie Huang Confront a White Nationalist
VICELAND's Eddie Huang confronts white nationalist Jared Taylor. More from Eddie on the struggles facing immigrants: http://bit.ly/2rdZml6Posted by VICE on Tuesday, June 13, 2017
- This year marks the 50th anniversary of Trader Joe’s, so the chain curated a list of the top 50 products according to customers and crew. See the full 50 here, and head here to read more about the mystery brands behind Trader Joe’s products.
- In honor of the restaurant’s 15th anniversary, David Kinch’s Manresa heads to some of the “most legendary culinary houses in France” for a collaboration dinner series. Manresa, a three-Michelin-starred restaurant in Los Gatos, California, will hold dinners in Paris, Nice, and Marseille.
- Toronto will soon be home to a Seinfeld-themed pop-up
- ....and maybe a restaurant from Drake? There’s an OVO logo and signage for something called Pick 6 up in a former restaurant space in Toronto’s Financial District.
- Heads up for Prime members who live in Atlanta, Berkeley, Los Angeles, Columbus, OH, or College Park, MD: Amazon launched Instant Pickup services for locations in those cities. “Whether it’s a snack on-the-go, replacing a lost phone charger in the middle of a hectic day or adding Alexa to your life with an Echo, Instant Pickup saves Prime members time.”
- The FDA and the city of New York are in a fight about calorie counts.
- There have been a few chef shuffles in the Momofuku restaurant empire.
- Pumpkin season returns, and new this year are white pumpkin pie M&M’s, featuring a pumpkin pie flavored coating and a white chocolate filling.
- In Singapore, KFC now serves a healthy version of the double down, called the Double Steamed Chicken. It’s got sauerkraut coleslaw, pickles, and sambal honey sauce stuffed between steamed chicken fillets:
A new way to enjoy an all-time favourite: two steamed chicken fillets, filled with sauerkraut coleslaw, spicy pickled cucumber and sambal honey sauce! Keep an eye out for it…Posted by KFC on Tuesday, August 15, 2017