- Star Wars creator George Lucas bought a chateau with 33 acres of vineyards in the South of France right next door (kind of — it’s “separated by fields of forest”) to Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s estate. “This is the latest addition to his Skywalker Vineyards collection, which already owns properties in California and Italy,” reports People.
- Are pizza chains actually just tech companies now? Says Papa John’s CMO Brandon Rhoten, “We’re much more close to Amazon than we are to a brick-and-mortar restaurant.”
- Activist investor Jana Partners — which also has a stake in Whole Foods and pushed the brand to sell to Amazon — also owns 600,000 shares of Blue Apron stock, roughly 2% of the company. The shares were reportedly valued at $5.6 million at the end of the second quarter; if still held, they’re now worth about $3.2 million (that’s a 43% decline). Read more about Blue Apron’s IPO here and follow the Whole Foods/Amazon merger here.
- There’s an all-Cheetos restaurant pop-up in New York City, and somehow the reservations for it sold out in just six hours.
- Former McDonald’s CEO Ed Rensi called Donald Trump’s slow reaction to condemn the violent Unite the Right rally “unacceptable.”
- IKEA aims to cut food waste at its restaurants and bistros in half by 2020. Here’s how.
- Aaron Sorkin went to celeb-heavy NYC lounge 1 Oak by himself for 30 minutes as research for his new movie about celebrity poker players: “I learned everything I needed to know in that 30 minutes.”
- This is a burrito stuffed with corn dogs, and it’s available for purchase in an Orange County restaurant.
- Turns out cheese actually has to be served in order for something to be considered a cheese festival.
George Lucas Buys French Vineyard Adjacent to Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s Chateau
The $11.2 million addition to Skywalker Vineyards, and other news to know today