- Taco Bell is testing out a limited run of burritos with spicy popping crystals. According to Food Beast, the burritos consist of “rice, nacho cheese, sour cream, beef, and red tortilla strips” annnnnnd little packets of sweet and spicy Pop Rocks. They are available in four stores in Southern California until August 16.
- Fried clams on a Shackburger? Sure why not?
- A waiter in a seaside Italian town kicked out the town’s mayor, because his cargo shorts didn’t conform to the upscale restaurant’s dress code. The mayor wrote on Facebook that he was humiliated.
- Dave Chang’s go-to order at In-n-Out is a grilled cheese with grilled tomatoes, “animal style.” He respects the team chemistry of the chain and likes to stick around after he eats to observe how everyone works together.
- For anyone wondering, this is what’s currently inside Alice Waters’ fridge:
Inside @AliceWaters' refrigerator. #berkeleylife pic.twitter.com/SkJrueKvIq— Kim Severson (@kimseverson) August 11, 2017
- Mario Batali is joining the next conference from Eater sister site Recode.
- And here’s Channing Tatum dancing with a woman in a convenience store:
This convenience store employee got lucky when @channingtatum busted out his "Magic Mike" moves IRL https://t.co/ctFrUsxges pic.twitter.com/ppZXlYcMoP— Page Six (@PageSix) August 10, 2017