- Boy band veteran Joey Fatone wants to expand his Orlando hot dog stand — called Fat One’s — to other parts of Florida and eventually New York and elsewhere. He’s also in talks with a TV production company and is thinking about a Fat One’s food truck. Also: he sells hot dogs on the Home Shopping Network.
- Turns out Jared Kushner owned a liquor license — worth between $500,000 and $1,000,000 — as part of his stake in his family’s Monmouth Mall. He is in the process of divesting it and three limited liability companies associated with the mall.
- According to the people behind New Orleans drinks conference Tales of the Cocktail, London’s Dandelyan is the best bar in the world. Other big wins: San Francisco’s Trick Dog for World’s Best Cocktail Menu, New York’s BlackTail for Best New American Cocktail Bar, and D.C.’s Columbia Room for Best American Cocktail Bar.
- Fresh off the success of a venison sandwich — which sold out in 15 minutes in select locations — Arby's is launching a porchetta sandwich.
- A 12-member Korean boy band called the Boyz are opening a fast food restaurant as part of a reality show called “Flower Boy Fast Food Restaurant.”
- North Carolina chef Vivian Howard’s A Chef’s Life TV show returns to PBS on October 5 for its fifth season. This season will follow Howard as she launches the book tour for her cookbook Deep Run Roots.
*NSYNC’s Joey Fatone To Expand His ‘Fat One’s’ Hot Dog Business
Jared Kushner has a liquor license, and more food world intel
Chef and former ‘Top Chef’ contestant Byron Gomez on how the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program paved the way for his career
By Byron Gomez