- Boy band veteran Joey Fatone wants to expand his Orlando hot dog stand — called Fat One’s — to other parts of Florida and eventually New York and elsewhere. He’s also in talks with a TV production company and is thinking about a Fat One’s food truck. Also: he sells hot dogs on the Home Shopping Network.
- Turns out Jared Kushner owned a liquor license — worth between $500,000 and $1,000,000 — as part of his stake in his family’s Monmouth Mall. He is in the process of divesting it and three limited liability companies associated with the mall.
- According to the people behind New Orleans drinks conference Tales of the Cocktail, London’s Dandelyan is the best bar in the world. Other big wins: San Francisco’s Trick Dog for World’s Best Cocktail Menu, New York’s BlackTail for Best New American Cocktail Bar, and D.C.’s Columbia Room for Best American Cocktail Bar.
- Fresh off the success of a venison sandwich — which sold out in 15 minutes in select locations — Arby's is launching a porchetta sandwich.
- A 12-member Korean boy band called the Boyz are opening a fast food restaurant as part of a reality show called “Flower Boy Fast Food Restaurant.”
- North Carolina chef Vivian Howard’s A Chef’s Life TV show returns to PBS on October 5 for its fifth season. This season will follow Howard as she launches the book tour for her cookbook Deep Run Roots.
*NSYNC’s Joey Fatone To Expand His ‘Fat One’s’ Hot Dog Business
Jared Kushner has a liquor license, and more food world intel