- Shouty chef Gordon Ramsay’s father-in-law is going to jail for six months for conspiring Ramsay’s emails. Ramsay appears to forgive him.
- A brewery in Prague tried to market beer to women by putting it in a pink box, and the people are not happy. “‘Aurosa is a representation of a woman's strength and a girl's tenderness,’ the beer's description reads.” Nope.
- The first Michelin guide for Miyagi, Japan, is now live.
- In other Michelin news, Michelin-trained chef Wandile Mabaso has announced a French Culinary Bursary in South Africa that will give up-and-coming South African chefs the opportunity to work in Michelin-starred restaurants in Paris.
- Faviken’s Magnus Nilsson talks about the Swedish restaurant’s new Singaporean-Chinese pop-up, Hoon’s. “I thought it would be a welcome and interesting temporary break for staff to run their own restaurant for a few months.”
- Inspired by chef Jeremiah Tower’s memoir Start the Fire, a new crowdfunding project aims to create a “a collection of menus derived from writers of fiction; and fiction derived by writers of menus.” Writers involved include Gertrude Stein, Michael Palmer, Ernest Hemingway, Lawrence Durrell, Anaïs Nin, Cecil Beaton, Lucian Beebe, Henry Fielding, Pablo Neruda, Frida Kahlo, Ken Kesey, Jim Harrison, Thomas McGuane, Jhumpa Lahiri, and others.
- This artist reimagined some iconic fast food mascots as anime characters. Below, check out Ronald McDonald. And click through for Colonel Sanders, Wendy from Wendy’s, the Starbucks mermaid, Burger King, Jolibee, and more.
Posted by OzumiiWizard on Thursday, 27 April 2017