- Air India’s recent move to serve only vegetarian meals to the economy class during domestic flights caused an uproar on social media. Instead of being seen as a cost-cutting measure (the airline is in debt), critics saw it “as discriminatory and part of a wave of religious nationalism sweeping the country.”
Only veg food on Air India.— Madhu Menon (@madmanweb) July 10, 2017
Next, flight attendants to speak only Hindi.
After that, stand for national anthem before flight take-off. #BMKJ
- Lay’s chips announced the semi-finalists in its Do Us a Flavor contest. They include “Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Popper,” “Wavy Avocado Toast,” “Nashville Hot Chicken,” “Crispy Taco,” “Sloppy Joe," and others. The final prize is $1 million, but these semi-finalists all get $10,000.
- A Great British Baking Show contestant looks like Joaquin Phoenix.
- A cafe in Japan is using cake as the bread in its savory sandwiches.
- A man successfully checked one can of beer as luggage and it turned up on the carousel just fine at the end of his flight.