- The latest marketing ploy from beer giant Anheuser-Busch is a smart fridge made for offices. Called the Office Bud-e, the fridge can hold 180 beers and will automatically place a delivery order to restock when it senses supply is running low.
- United Airlines will start serving Chicago-style deep dish pizza from Pizzeria Uno’s, because people don’t hate that airline enough already.
- Yesterday the James Beard Foundation granted leadership awards to chef and author Dan Barber, professor and environmentalist Joan Dye Gussow, congresswoman Chellie Pingree, and researcher Olivier De Schutter for their work in “the important and complex realms of sustainability, food access, and public health.”
- FastCo checks out the latest with Dave Chang’s delivery-only operation, Ando. (TL;DR they are still figuring it out and they recruited a guy from Hale & Hearty and Pret A Manger.)
- In its ongoing partnership with Uber, McDonald’s is now offering delivery in the UK.
- Britney Spears might be an international superstar, but her palate leans closer to home: Spears recently told an interviewer in Singapore that “I am not really an ethnic food person... I am more of a mac and cheese person.”
This Fridge Automatically Restocks Beers When It’s Running Low
Plus, all the food news to know today
If you buy something from an Eater link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics policy.