- A food blogger is suing the Food Network for allegedly copying her snow globe cupcake idea in a Facebook video. It’s an interesting case because it’s hard to copyright a recipe, but there are protections for “expressions” of a recipe, including tutorials. And while the Food Network’s strikingly similar video ran just weeks after the blogger’s did last December, the idea of a snow globe cupcake isn’t novel.
- Chef Nobu Matsuhisa oversees a massive empire that bears his name, but his Beverly Hills sushi restaurant — the flagship that launched the global brand — didn’t start out so star-studded and glamorous. The Hollywood Reporter has an oral history of the place to mark its 30th anniversary.
- A former 7-Eleven franchisee was so annoyed at the meddling from his corporate parent that he opened a 6-Twelve convenient store across the street.
- In Australian, the hottest fashion trend of the moment is this teal-and-grey nylon jacket that’s part of the Deliveroo bike-delivery uniform.
- The best covfefe food memes.
- British diners no longer count meat pies as their favorite pub food, says a new survey.
Blogger Sues Food Network For Stealing Her Snow Globe Cupcake Idea
Plus, all the food news to know today
If you buy something from an Eater link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics policy.
All the recipes, tips, and tricks to make this season merry and bright