- McDonald’s locations in France want diners to eat their Very Fancy Burgers with an actual knife and fork. The stunt will deliver plastic cutlery with orders of McD’s “signature” burger, which in France, is a more “gourmet” offering that “costs around double the price of an ordinary burger,” as the Daily Mail reports.
- After a devastating fire consumed a London high-rise building last night, chef Jamie Oliver has opened his restaurant doors to the victims: “To any of the 100’s of FAMILIES effected by this terrible fire at Grenfell Tower Notting Hill today,” Oliver wrote on Instagram, “You are all welcome to come hang out in my restaurant and be fed and watered by my Jamie’s Italian team.”
- The Trump administration has delayed the roll-out of the new Nutrition Facts labels, which were designed to be easier to read. Originally, manufacturers were required to use the new labels by July 2018; they’ve now been delayed “indefinitely.”
- Former New York Times columnist and meal-kit consultant Mark Bittman has joined food blog GrubStreet as a recurring columnist.
- Bill Murray, being Bill Murray, crashed a restaurant opening in Brooklyn. He appears to be leaving the “BBQ Dad” bros hanging, though.
- Musician Kenny G is now co-owner of a spirits brand.
McDonald’s Wants You to Eat Your Burger With a Knife and Fork
But only if you live in France
by Erin DeJesus
Chef and former ‘Top Chef’ contestant Byron Gomez on how the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program paved the way for his career
By Byron Gomez