- Disneyland’s California Adventure Park is now selling Groot-shaped bread — inspired by the newly pint-sized Guardians of the Galaxy character — and the internet has reacted predictably.
- McDonald’s locations in Australia have added a newish menu item: A Big Mac that essentially swaps the two beef patties for chicken ones instead. The so-called Chicken Mac is drawing favorable online buzz, though frankly the more intriguing menu add is something called “Shaker Fries” — fries served with a packet of “cheeseburger seasoning” that diners are meant to sprinkle over their potatoes.
- Turns out most “gluten-free” labels currently popping up on store shelves are accurate, according to the FDA.
- The next iteration of Food Network Star, the 13th season, premieres this Sunday, June 4.
- The extremely delightful Great British Baking Show returns to American television sets on June 16, and yes, this is the last season that will air before the controversial new GBBO cast replaces current hosts Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins and judge Mary Berry. PBS has a preview.
Disneyland Is Selling Groot-Shaped Bread and It Is Adorable
Plus, all the food news to know today
by Erin DeJesus
All the recipes, tips, and tricks to make this season merry and bright