- Burger King settled a class-action suit alleging that its two-for-one Croissan’wich deal actually inflated prices. A woman in Maryland noticed that purchasing a Croissan’wich with a buy-one-get-one-free coupon cost more than buying a breakfast sandwich without a coupon. Burger King will now pay $5, or provide $2 gift cards, to anyone who overpaid for two or more Croissan’wiches between October 1, 2015 and May 19, 2017.
- In case cereal isn’t sugary enough for you already, Lucky Charms Frosted Flakes have arrived. General Mills released a box that subs out the oat pieces in Lucky Charms for frosted flakes (not Frosted Flakes®, which are made by Kellogg’s).
- McDonald’s says it can’t vouch for the quality of 40 percent of its restaurants in India. This warning comes months after McDonald’s attempted to terminate its franchise agreement with local partner Connaught Plaza Restaurants. According to McDonald’s, there are “serious compliance risks to McDonald’s standards for food quality and safety” at 169 locations in northern and eastern India.
- Here’s a rundown of where each member of the British royal family (plus future-royal Meghan Markle) likes to eat and drink around London.
- Chef Massimo Bottura may be opening up one of his charitable community kitchens, called Refettorios, in Paris.
- This New Year’s Eve, consider the sound of the bubbles when judging champagne quality. Apparently, “they ring like bells.”
Burger King Might Give You $5 If You Overpaid For a Croissan’wich
Plus, Lucky Charms Frosted Flakes are the sugary cereal mashup of the year
One state, two days, four burger joints, and a whole lot of griddled onions
By Amy McCarthy