- Nutella, the cultishly beloved hazelnut spread, has changed its recipe to include more sugar and milk (and presumably less cocoa). Predictably, fans are not happy.
- KFC has brilliantly rewarded the guy who first spotted its since-gone-viral Twitter stunt of following just five Herbs and six Spices: The brand sent the South Dakota-based superfan a pretty epic portrait featuring his likeness... riding Colonel Sanders on piggyback.
- Google LOLs at itself by serving a cheeseburger that looks like its controversial emoji — aka, with the cheese underneath the beef patty.
- The next #brand to get in on the #merch game: Salad dressing purveyors Hidden Valley Ranch.
- Yelps is cracking down on business owners who solicit positive reviews.
- Blue Apron’s stock price continues to hit new lows.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda recently stopped by chef José Andrés’s kitchen operations in Puerto Rico. Miranda is currently in Puerto Rico filming a segment for CBS News; he and Andrés have engaged in a public love fest ever since the chef amped up landed on the island to spearhead Hurricane Maria relief efforts:
Nutella Changes Its Recipe, Internet Predictably Freaks Out
Plus, Google actually served its emoji cheeseburger, and more food news to know
by Erin DeJesus
One state, two days, four burger joints, and a whole lot of griddled onions
By Amy McCarthy