- Nutella, the cultishly beloved hazelnut spread, has changed its recipe to include more sugar and milk (and presumably less cocoa). Predictably, fans are not happy.
- KFC has brilliantly rewarded the guy who first spotted its since-gone-viral Twitter stunt of following just five Herbs and six Spices: The brand sent the South Dakota-based superfan a pretty epic portrait featuring his likeness... riding Colonel Sanders on piggyback.
- Google LOLs at itself by serving a cheeseburger that looks like its controversial emoji — aka, with the cheese underneath the beef patty.
- The next #brand to get in on the #merch game: Salad dressing purveyors Hidden Valley Ranch.
- Yelps is cracking down on business owners who solicit positive reviews.
- Blue Apron’s stock price continues to hit new lows.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda recently stopped by chef José Andrés’s kitchen operations in Puerto Rico. Miranda is currently in Puerto Rico filming a segment for CBS News; he and Andrés have engaged in a public love fest ever since the chef amped up landed on the island to spearhead Hurricane Maria relief efforts:
Here with members of the US Coast Guard (which Hamilton founded!) in @chefjoseandres kitchen— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) November 7, 2017