- Former New Kid on the Block and current Wahlburgers star Donnie Wahlberg left a $1,000 tip at a Waffle House in Indianapolis. (The real question is, how did he order his hash browns?)
- McDonald’s new chicken tenders are apparently so popular that it’s temporarily run out of them. The chain promises they’ll return to menus on December 28.
- Jewelry made from dried sardines and Swarovski crystals is the perfect gift for the oily fish lover in your life.
- Midlevel chain Red Robin is taking a cue from Olive Garden and launching a $99 prepaid dining pass. Instead of bottomless pasta bowls, purchasers will get a $15 gift card delivered every month (for a savings of 45 percent).
- Venison-slinging fast-food chain Arby’s is buying Buffalo Wild Wings for more than $2 billion.
- Starbucks just unveiled its latest holiday cup, which is red and probably still not Christmas-y enough for some folks. The coffee giant also just launched Spotify gift cards featuring Lady Gaga, Chance the Rapper, and Metallica; a portion of the sales price goes to charity.
- Someone invented a car holder for fast-food dipping sauces, which seems... questionable. Please don’t dip and drive.
- Pizza Hut UK will now offer vegan cheese at every location.
McDonald’s Chicken Tenders Are So Popular They’ve Already Run Out
Plus, Donnie Wahlberg leaves a fat tip at Waffle House, and more food news
If you buy something from an Eater link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics policy.
Share this story
All the Kitchen’s a Stage
The rise of the open kitchen has changed how diners experience their meals, and the way chefs approach their work
By Jaya Saxena
Here Are the 2023 James Beard Foundation Media Award Winners
Congratulations to all the winners