- Starbucks’ latest speciality drink is — for once — foregoing the bright-colored dyes in favor of some seasonal flavor: The juniper latte blends espresso, milk, dried juniper berries, sage, and mandarin for something that tastes vaguely holiday-ish.
- Working at Cracker Barrel on Thanksgiving Day — where the country-themed chain is a known destination for many — sounds like an absolute nightmare. “You have to mentally prepare yourself, because there's going to be a lot of screaming, a lot of yelling,” writes an anonymous employee. “There’s a lot of crying that day.”
- Battle Chef Brigade, the video game, looks pretty amazing: The premise is essentially a “fantasy cooking show” that combines Food Network-like cook-offs with monsters, but as this review at Polygon points out, the gameplay itself is slightly lacking in excitement.
- The new over-the-top milkshakes at TGI Friday’s look suspiciously familiar.
- The New York Times pairs some fun science facts with every element of a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.
- Meanwhile, according to one report, Americans will collectively spend more than $81 million on pie to celebrate the holiday.
- Do take a moment to check out Squeakeasies, an art project by Hunter Fine that uses adorable sculpted rats to poke fun at gentrifying New York City bars.
Starbucks’ Latest Specialty Drink Actually Sounds Pretty Good?
Plus, what it’s like to work at Cracker Barrel on Thanksgiving, and more food news
by Erin DeJesus