- The World’s 50 Best organization released its annual list of the “World’s 50 Best Bars.” The American Bar at London’s Savoy Hotel landed in the top spot for 2017, with London’s Dandelyan and Connaught Bar taking the second and fourth places, respectively. New York City’s NoMad and Dead Rabbit ended up ranked third and fifth. The NoMad, of course, is affiliated with chef Daniel Humm and restaurateur Will Guidara, whose NYC restaurant Eleven Madison Park was named “World’s Best” earlier this year.
- More lemon ricotta pancakes for everyone: The Cheesecake Factory is expanding its brunch service to include both Sunday and Saturday.
- A McDonald’s location in Finland is now testing a vegan burger, made with a soy patty and topped with the usual McD’s burger fixings (minus the cheese, of course).
- New York City bartender Austin Rogers has been crushing it on Jeopardy this week, not just in terms of winnings — he’s racked up $306,000 so far — but also in his current status as a viral sensation.
- Internet humans rightfully trolled the Food Network yesterday after it posted an online recipe for “peanut butter slices.” The suggested “hack” somehow made the act of spreading peanut butter on top of toast infinitely more complicated.
- Here’s a look at how apple cider doughnuts became a fall tradition.
- This is just some pretty great latte art — created not with coffee, but by using the Starbucks logo and cups themselves.
World’s 50 Best Bars: London Takes the #1 Spot
Plus, all the food news to know today
by Erin DeJesus