- A man determined to break the record for consecutive days eating at Chipotle (425) just hit his 365th day. The employees at his local branch dressed up like Batman to surprise him.
- Try not to cry at these photos of what José Andrés and his team did to help Puerto Rico. Also this quote from a local: “He’s much more than a hero. The situation is that still some people don’t even have food. He is all that is keeping them from starving.”
- Thomas Keller will open a Bouchon Bakery in Dubai on November 13 and will then expand to Kuwait.
- Fun fact for Halloween from the FDA: “If you’re 40 or older, eating 2 ounces of black licorice a day for at least two weeks could land you in the hospital with an irregular heart rhythm or arrhythmia.”
- Chipotle will sell burritos for $3 to people in costumes after 3 p.m. today.
- This is just a bunch of candy corns falling down in a spiral:
- The butter shortage in France continues. Maybe because of this: “Last year, France consumed about 18 pounds of butter per capita, according to statistics from a coming report by the International Dairy Federation. That is over twice the European Union average, and more than three times the figure in the United States.”
- “Food court” is a great team costume:
My friends going as a food court for Halloween pic.twitter.com/FuYpz8Rs7w— Jennifer Brett (@Jennifer__Brett) October 31, 2017
- And here are the Bib Gourmands for Hong Kong and Macau.