- Jose Andres and his team made over 36,000 sandwiches to be delivered to Puerto Ricans in need yesterday and the chef is looking for more volunteers. Catch up on what else he’s done to help after the devastating hurricane right here.
- Honolulu store owners report that thieves are stealing cans of Spam to resell for quick cash.
- Freebie alert: P.F. Chang’s will offer all dine-in customers a free sushi roll this Thursday, October 26.
- On Thursday, November 2, Shake Shack debuts chili in all locations (except airports and stadiums). It’ll be served in the form of chili cheeseburgers, chili cheese dogs, and chili cheese fries. Shack App users can order the chili early on Monday, October 30.
- Now, people in certain areas can order food from select restaurants on Amazon’s mobile app.
- However, Amazon wine is dead. The company will shut down its wine division at the end of the year due to complicated laws related to shipping wine across state lines.
- World wine production is expected to “hit a 50-year low” due in large part to weather patterns in Italy, France, and Spain.
- Europe’s first underwater restaurant is coming soon to Norway.
- Four queer women discuss how their identity shapes their experience as chefs and the challenges they face in the kitchen and food industry at large.
- McDonald’s and Chipotle will soon start accepting Apple Pay.
- Here’s how to be an amazing influencer.
- Tis the season, and fancy Chicago restaurant Alinea gets in on it by concocting a see-through pumpkin pie. Evidence:
Thieves in Hawaii Are Stealing Cans of Spam
And other food news to know today
Share this story
Here Are the 2023 James Beard Awards Restaurant and Chef Finalists
The full list of nominees
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Saffron
The world’s most expensive spice can be an everyday ingredient — if you know how to use it