- Starbucks is launching three more ready-to-Drink products: single-serve cold brew, bottled Frappuccinos with almond milk, and double-shot coffee smoothies. They’ll arrive in grocery aisles in 2018.
- There’s going go be a Sour Patch Kids-branded float in this year’s Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade.
- One of the billionaire Koch brothers spent more than $35 million to track down the source of counterfeit wine that originally cost him $400k. A private investigation on the fake wine bottle? Someone needs to make a documentary on this: Netflix?
- Cultishly adored Japanese snack company Tokyo Banana releases its first new product in 16 years: matcha banana cakes. Fans are beyond excited.
- A new documentary reveals the dirty truth behind famous candy brand Haribo. This German company has built a devoted fan base for its colorful candy creations, including its famous gummy bears, but the documentary claims that the company has treated its employees and the animals that supply gelatin like garbage. In response to the film, Haribo issued an official statement, saying the company was not aware of any violations.
- Some vegetable products sold at Walmart, Trader Joe’s, and Target have been recalled over possible contamination with listeria monocytogenes, according to the FDA. Some of the affected items include Walmart’s 12-ounce bag of broccoli cauliflower florets and Trader Joe’s kohlrabi salad blend.
- Speaking of listeria, H-E-B also issued a recall for its single-serving Asian noodle cup soup for the same reason. The manufacturing company, called Mann Packing, is the supplier that caused these listeria issues.
- Albert Adrià, the acclaimed Barcelona chef, and José Andrés, the culinary superhero saving Puerto Rico, got together at the Aviary NYC. This beautiful culinary brotherhood can make the world better.
The inimitable chefs Albert Adria and Jose Andres in at Aviary NYC tonight. To say that we support Jose's humanitarian efforts is an understatement. He is here briefly before going back to work helping Americans in Puerto Rico. Every time I'm around our Spanish friends I'm so inspired. Genuine brotherhood.