- Is this what the Starbucks holiday cups will look like? A Reddit user posted a photo of stacked cups with a Starbucks logo and hand-drawn holiday motif, along the caption “Just got it in our order. Holiday short cup design!??” Starbucks will officially reveal the holiday cup design in November.
- Scarlett Johansson and Bobby Flay went out to dinner in the Hamptons, stoking rumors that the actress and Throwdown chef are dating. They insist they are just friends and neighbors.
- José Andrés and World Central Kitchen served one million meals in Puerto Rico earlier this week, which, it turns out, is more meals than the Red Cross has served on the devastated island. Composer and Puerto Rican Lin-Manuel Miranda thanked Andrés for his efforts the only way he knows how — via rap.
Thank you for your support amigo @Lin_Manuel!! Love you! #ChefsForPuertoRico #PRSeLevanta pic.twitter.com/BdRZXs6oj8— José Andrés (@chefjoseandres) October 19, 2017
- The McDonald’s headquarters in Seoul is under investigation after complaints that its restaurants have been undercooking hamburger patties. A four-year-old girl reportedly suffered kidney damage after eating an undercooked burger earlier this summer.
- There’s more bad news for Blue Apron: The company is laying off 6 percent of it staff in “a company-wide realignment of personnel.”
- Tom Colicchio reveals his rules for making good sandwiches. The TL;DR: Keep wet ingredients on the inside.
- Halloween is just 12 days away. Get in the mood with these spooky bento boxes.
親の作った弁当がサイコパス pic.twitter.com/vL6VuXWiNH— 宮武勇作 (@miyatake_u39) October 17, 2017