- Take a look at Eleven Madison Park’s new uniforms, which come along with the big-deal restaurant’s fresh redesign. The suits feature such elements as different colored ties to distinguish staff roles; “custom-designed pockets”; and “a special four-way stretch worsted wool that is stain-resistant, anti-smell, and water-resistant.” The price is not listed in the story.
- Panda Express, Cheesecake Factory, and other local chains have started to reopen in Puerto Rico after the devastating hurricane. Read more about Panda Express and Starbucks’s efforts on the island here.
- Yet another chef says he doesn’t want Michelin stars. This move comes after a host of other people in the industry have “given back” their accolades.
- Snapchat just introduced Context Cards into Snaps, so users can now swipe up to reserve tables through Resy, OpenTable, and Bookatable and get more information on restaurants thanks to Foursquare and TripAdvisor.
- This UK restaurant was named the best in the world by TripAdvisor (?!); critic Jay Rayner is baffled.
- Speaking of Starbucks, an environmental group just created and unleashed a very intense “cup monster” to pressure the coffee chain into using sustainable cups. Check it out here.
- Apple is releasing dumpling, pie, and Chinese take-out emoji — but is that last one problematic? Some say the positioning of the chopsticks symbolizes death.
- In a move that makes complete sense to everybody, Reese Witherspoon is now Crate & Barrel’s first-ever spokesperson.
Eleven Madison Park’s New Redesign Comes With Bizarre 'Anti-Smell' Suits
Plus other news to know today
Share this story
Here Are the 2023 James Beard Awards Restaurant and Chef Finalists
The full list of nominees
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Saffron
The world’s most expensive spice can be an everyday ingredient — if you know how to use it