The inaugural Cheap Eats Week is underway here at Eater, and across the network yesterday editors and writers dined — for better or for worse — and heralded the inexpensive restaurants in cities all over North America. Here's a brief look at what went down on day one.
- How El Chato, a Mid-City Taco Legend, Won LA's Heart One Bite at a Time
- The Past, Present, and Future of Cheap Eats in New York City
- What Is the Acceptable Price to Pay for Tacos: a Poll
- A Hidden Gem Where Southern Comfort Food Shines in LA
- Why It's Finally Time for a Fast-Casual Chicken Explosion
- Will Happy Hour Drink Specials Return to Illinois?
- Wine Experts Recommend Their Favorite Cheap Bottles
- Street Meat: The Rise of New York's Halal Cart Culture
Sapthagiri. [Photo: Sietsema]
And here are the hottest new cheap eats, city by city.