clock menu more-arrow no yes
Joe Raedle/Getty Images

A UK woman got more than she bargained for when biting into a Krispy Kreme doughnut recently: Ria Findlay found a latex glove stuffed inside her caramel-and-cream-filled pastry, The Mirror reports.

Findlay, who was seven months pregnant at the time of the unfortunate doughnut discovery, posted photos of the offending pastry to social media — quickly eliciting concerned responses from both Krispy Kreme and Tesco, the supermarket where she purchased it:

Krispy Kreme also released a statement that read in part, "We take our food hygiene very seriously and are currently conducting a full investigation into the matter." But as Mashable points out, "At least now we know the doughnuts are definitely handmade."

Krispy Kreme's far from the first major chain to accidentally serve up some weird sanitation objects inside their food: Last year in the UK a boy got a deep-fried blue hand towel instead of chicken when dining at a KFC. And honestly, latex might be better than this pseudo vomit-like creation from the crazed chefs at Philadelphia's PYT.

Sign up for the Sign up for the Eater newsletter

The freshest news from the food world every day